Ok, there are a ton of pictures in this post but I couldn't keep any of my favorites out. While my mom was here visiting she wanted to go to Yellowstone. I didn't know what we would see because Dalen had driven through on his motorcycle with his friends the weekend before and said they didn't see any animals, not even buffalo. Before we even made it to the first intersection inside the park we saw elk! I thought if Dalen was here he would be getting so excited for hunting season. This bull was with about 10 cows and just out in the fiels grazing.
Not long after taking pictures of the elk we had to stop in the middle of the road and wait for a single buffalo to slowly walk across. My mom was freaking out thinking the dumb animal was going to suddenly start charging us. It was quite funny. Needless to say it just looked at us as it passed by.
The scenery was absolutely beautiful. The leaves on the trees are starting to turn colors.
On our way to Mammoth we were coming through a mountain pass and I turned around out the window and saw this beautiful waterfall.
My mom stayed in the car with Ashtyn while I got out and took this picture.
On my way back from taking the picture of the bridge.
As we entered the little town of Mammoth, this is the view that you see. We ate lunch at that cafe.
This is one side of Mammoth.
Ashtyn was so excited to get out of the stroller. She was such a good girl during this trip.
As we were loading up the car and getting ready to leave, I saw a photographer chasing this cow elk. She was probably 30 yard from me and she was talking. I was able to record it on my camera.
There was a big herd of elk that decided to live in this little area. They had the road closed so everyone would stay away.
When we first approached this area I saw this bull and was dissapointed because I thought it was a stuffed animal it was so still and then it moved! I was so excited and told my mom to pull over, I jumped out and took tons of pictures. He was probably 20-30 yards away.
We didn't get out of the car too many times but there were a lot of cars at this spot and it was a short hike up to the top to see this view. We were glad we stopped,
My mom actually took this picture while we were stopped. She did good.
More buffalo
You can't visit Yellowstone without seeing Old Faithful
I think Ashtyn was more interested at looking at all of the people taking pictures.
As soon as Old Faithful stopped it started to rain so we ran back to the car. On our way out we saw one of the most beautiful rainbows ever. It was very vibrant and as we kept driving we got to see where it started. First time for both of us to see the beginning of a rainbow, but sad to say there wasn't any gold.
This is the same group we saw on the way in.
We had a lot of fun and got some good pictures. We did see a doe run across the road and we passed a lady who was out of her car taking pictures of a bunch of trees, I looked and it was a deer. We didn't stop though. Ashtyn was absolutely amazing and such a good girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment