This summer our ward went on a Pioneer trek in July. We dressed up how the pioneers did, pushed hand carts and traveled 4-5 miles each day over a 3 day period. Because it was in July it was hot. I was 6 months pregnant and as people would ask after how it was, I would reply it was the worst and best experience. Dalen pulled the handcart the entire time! We shared our handcart with Dalen's parents and our friends Josh and Brittany. They had to leave early but while they were there, Josh was the other puller. I felt bad because I wasn't able to take my turn to relieve my husband from the cart duty. We had fun, glad when it was over, and glad its not something we do every year because it was tough. Those pioneers were tough and went through a lot to get across the plains!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Ward Trek July 8-10
This summer our ward went on a Pioneer trek in July. We dressed up how the pioneers did, pushed hand carts and traveled 4-5 miles each day over a 3 day period. Because it was in July it was hot. I was 6 months pregnant and as people would ask after how it was, I would reply it was the worst and best experience. Dalen pulled the handcart the entire time! We shared our handcart with Dalen's parents and our friends Josh and Brittany. They had to leave early but while they were there, Josh was the other puller. I felt bad because I wasn't able to take my turn to relieve my husband from the cart duty. We had fun, glad when it was over, and glad its not something we do every year because it was tough. Those pioneers were tough and went through a lot to get across the plains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment