Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baby Ashtyn is born

Ashtyn Fe Tolman was born October 3, 2010 at 3:21pm. She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 20in long.

The Friday before, Dalen went on a motorcycle ride with his uncles and some friends from work. He kept asking me if I was ok if he went and I kept telling him yes, he hadn't gone on any rides this summer and I wanted him to get one in before the weather turns nasty. So he told me if I get any contractions at all to call him and keep calling until he answers. So when I went into work that day, I started having what I thought was contractions. My stomach would consistantly get hard but they weren't painful. After about an hour and a half I called the doctor and went in to get checked. When I was in the exam room, Dalen called. I told him what I was doing and he said ok, I am coming home right now. I suggested waiting till I heard what the doctor would tell me, but he insisted to come back now. I hadn't progressed at all so they sent me home. Once he got here, the contractions had slowed down a little, so we went out to lunch. I continued to get contractions that night and Saturday and each one started to get more painful. That Sunday moring I started having consistant painful contractions at 6:00am. After about an hour I couldn't take it anymore and we headed to the hospital. Normal contractions last 50-60 seconds and are about 2-3 minutes apart, but my contractions lasted 110-120 seconds and were about 4 minutes apart! So I was admitted and got my epidural about an hour and a half later. After that I couldn't feel anything...literally. I didn't feel any pain and I couldn't feel my legs but I was able to relax and get some sleep. My mom flew in the Thursday before so we let her know we were there and she came right over to spend the day with us. My sister showed up a little later too. I started pushing around 1:30 and since my contractions were still 4 minutes apart I was able to sleep in between pushes. I had my sweet baby girl at 3:21pm and our lives changed forever!








This picture was taken just a few days before I had Ashtyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment