I took my hunters ed this summer and got my hunting license. I drew on a late buck hunt that went from October 15 to November 30. I decided to wait until we got some snow before going out for the buck. So when we had the big snow storm Dalen and I decided it was time for me to shoot my trophy. However we went out on probably the coldest day of the year. We saw a few deer here and there and then as we were both getting ready to head back to the pick up we found tracks in the snow. Dalen spotted the deer first. We were hiding behind some bushes and the deer had no idea we were even there, I was able to hit it in the first shot! The buck was in a little canyon which made it difficult to get out but after a couple of hours we were able to get him to the pick up. This 4x5 buck isn't quite a trophy but it is not bad for my first time hunting.
When we headed out the wind wasn't blowing too hard but by the time we left for home the wind was picking up a lot of snow and made it very cold and hard to see.
While we were getting the deer out of the canyon the wind was blowing snow in our faces which froze on our eyebrows
Dalen looked so silly to me I had to take a picture of him. He reminded me of "Jack Frost"
Dalen and his uncle Max both had cow elk tags and were able to fill them.
We celebrated Thanksgiving day with Dalen's family. Grandpa and Grandma Tolman came with Dalen's uncle Sid.
Proud daddy relaxing in Grandma Bartschi's living room.
I wanted to make sure to get a picture Grandma and Grandpa Tolman and Ashtyn
Grandma Bartschi has a little wicker bassinet that she keeps a little doll in, Ashtyn wanted to try it out,so I put her in it, but she is a little to big for it.
Oh my gosh Shellie! You are such a trooper, look at you out there hunting like a little mountain woman right after you had a baby! Amazing. Way to go by the way, you rock! Miss you!!
ReplyDelete